Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
Former TBT OL Devonte Danzey signs with Auburn after All-American showing at Hutchinson CC
Posted Dec 26, 2012 by Mike Camunas
Updated Dec 26, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Former Tampa Bay Tech lineman Devonte Danzey signed a letter of intent to play with Auburn, Titans coach Jayson Roberts told the Tampa Tribune on Wednesday morning.
Danzey spent this past season with Hutchinson Community College, which is located in Kansas and plays in the KJCCC and the NJCAA, after signing with the Blue Dragons out of high school in 2011.
Danzey, who was a first team junior college All American, was featured as an offensive lineman at Hutchinson and even had a rushing touchdown for the 9-3 Blue Dragons that won the Salt City Bowl with a 41-21 win over Iowa Central on Dec. 1.
In 2010, Danzey was the Titans offensive MVP as a lineman and was a Tampa Tribune All-Hillsborough County Football Team honorable mention selection.