Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Former Riverview golfer McQuilken transfers to Seminole State College
Posted Jul 24, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Jul 24, 2013 at 03:07 PM
Former Riverview golfer Julia McQuilken will compete for Seminole State College of Florida on a full golf scholarship, her father Mike McQuilken said.
A 2012 graduate of Riverview, McQuilken set the school’s record for nine-hole scoring average, recorded a career low-round (nine-hole) of 30 and was a three-time Tampa Tribune All-Hillsborough County First Team selection.
In her junior season, McQuilken captured the Class 2A-District 11 individual title with a round of 66 and finished in the Top 3 of the district tournament three times. She also was the five time Ladies Champion at her home course of Summerfield Crossings.
McQuilken earned a scholarship to play golf at North Florida out of high school and transfers to a young Seminole State program. Only entering its sixth season, the women’s golf program at Seminole State College has had quick success finishing in the junior college national top 10 in three of its five seasons including a third place finish in 2009 and a fourth place finish last season.