Most Recent Entries
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
- Boys Basketball: Jean, Ingram make 7A All-State Team
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Aaron auto is mystery redemption card No. 1 for 2014 Topps Tribute
- Bishop McLaughlin names assistant Craig Moore as its head football coach
Former Riverview golfer McQuilken transfers to Seminole State College
Posted Jul 24, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Jul 24, 2013 at 03:07 PM
Former Riverview golfer Julia McQuilken will compete for Seminole State College of Florida on a full golf scholarship, her father Mike McQuilken said.
A 2012 graduate of Riverview, McQuilken set the school’s record for nine-hole scoring average, recorded a career low-round (nine-hole) of 30 and was a three-time Tampa Tribune All-Hillsborough County First Team selection.
In her junior season, McQuilken captured the Class 2A-District 11 individual title with a round of 66 and finished in the Top 3 of the district tournament three times. She also was the five time Ladies Champion at her home course of Summerfield Crossings.
McQuilken earned a scholarship to play golf at North Florida out of high school and transfers to a young Seminole State program. Only entering its sixth season, the women’s golf program at Seminole State College has had quick success finishing in the junior college national top 10 in three of its five seasons including a third place finish in 2009 and a fourth place finish last season.