Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
Former Riverview golfer McQuilken transfers to Seminole State College
Posted Jul 24, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Jul 24, 2013 at 03:07 PM
Former Riverview golfer Julia McQuilken will compete for Seminole State College of Florida on a full golf scholarship, her father Mike McQuilken said.
A 2012 graduate of Riverview, McQuilken set the school’s record for nine-hole scoring average, recorded a career low-round (nine-hole) of 30 and was a three-time Tampa Tribune All-Hillsborough County First Team selection.
In her junior season, McQuilken captured the Class 2A-District 11 individual title with a round of 66 and finished in the Top 3 of the district tournament three times. She also was the five time Ladies Champion at her home course of Summerfield Crossings.
McQuilken earned a scholarship to play golf at North Florida out of high school and transfers to a young Seminole State program. Only entering its sixth season, the women’s golf program at Seminole State College has had quick success finishing in the junior college national top 10 in three of its five seasons including a third place finish in 2009 and a fourth place finish last season.