Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
Former area prep standouts earn college conference honors
Posted Nov 1, 2012 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Nov 1, 2012 at 01:28 PM
TAMPA – Former Gaither soccer player and University of Tampa sophomore Lauren Moore has been named to the All-Sunshine State Conference Women’s First Team and has been named Female Player of the Year according to the Spartans’ athletic department.
Moore, a midfielder, scored 15 goals and four assists for the No. 23-ranked Spartans (12-3-3). Tampa finished second in SSC regular season play and open up the conference tournament with a match against Florida Southern Friday at 4:30 p.m. hosted by Rollins College.
Moore scored 38 goals and had 19 assists while at Gaither helping the Cowboys to the region final in her senior season.
Joining Moore on the SSC first team is former Steinbrenner forward Cici Gonzalez, who was also named Freshman of the Year after scoring 12 goals and seven assists.
Gonzalez was the 2011 Class 4A Dairy Farmers Player of the Year helping Steinbrenner to a state title in her junior season. She was a three-time Tampa Tribune All-Hillsborough County First Team member and recorded 97 goals and 67 assists.