Most Recent Entries
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
Former Newsome tennis standout, Hersh, named POY
Posted May 16, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated May 16, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Former Newsome tennis player Andy Hersh, now a senior at Division III John Hopkins University, was named Atlantic South Region’s Player of the Year by the International Tennis Association on Wednesday.
Hersh, who was a Tampa Tribune All-Hillsborough County First Team honoree from 2007-2009, was the Class 3A individual and doubles runner-up in his senior season.
At John Hopkins, Hersh broke the school record in wins (85) and helped JHU win the Centennial Conference all four years, including being named the Conference Player of the Year his junior season, being named a two-time All-American and ranking No. 5 in the United States during his senior season.