Most Recent Entries
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
Former Newsome tennis standout, Hersh, named POY
Posted May 16, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated May 16, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Former Newsome tennis player Andy Hersh, now a senior at Division III John Hopkins University, was named Atlantic South Region’s Player of the Year by the International Tennis Association on Wednesday.
Hersh, who was a Tampa Tribune All-Hillsborough County First Team honoree from 2007-2009, was the Class 3A individual and doubles runner-up in his senior season.
At John Hopkins, Hersh broke the school record in wins (85) and helped JHU win the Centennial Conference all four years, including being named the Conference Player of the Year his junior season, being named a two-time All-American and ranking No. 5 in the United States during his senior season.