Most Recent Entries
- Panini reveals details about Pinnacle basketball
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
Former Jesuit distance standout Schilit earns All-American honors
Posted May 26, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Jun 12, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Former Jesuit distance running standout Jordan Schilit, now a junior at Haverford (Penn.) College, earned another All-American title Saturday when he finished second in the men’s 5,000-meter run at the NCAA Division III Outdoor National Championships in Claremont, Calif.
Schilit, a state runner-up in the 1,600 his senior year at Jesuit, produced a second-place time in the 5,000 Saturday of 14 minutes, 20.45, just five seconds behind event winner Tim Nelson of the University of Wisconsin–Stout.
Schilit and Nelson entered the meet with the two fastest 5,000 times in the nation this season and maintained their hold on the top spots. Earlier this season, Schilit blasted to a lifetime best in the event of 13:59.21, one of the fastest 5ks ever clocked by a Hillsborough County runners.
For Schilit, it’s his fourth All-American title since arriving at Haverford, just outside of Philadelphia. capped off Saturday with his fourth all-American honor. He earned his first national honor as part of the Fords’ 2010 national cross country championship team. He then opened his junior year with an all-American finish (18th) at the 2011 Division III national cross country meet, then took his fourth All-American crown when he finished seventh in the 5,000 at this year’s NCAA Division III indoor finals.
Stay tuned to TBO for an in-depth look at Schilit’s impressive rise in the college ranks. We’ll have a feature about the former Tigers star this week.