Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Former Gulf star faces drug charges
Posted Jan 19, 2012 by Rick Harmon
Updated Jan 19, 2012 at 08:28 PM
Former Gulf High and current University of Florida sophomore defensive tackle Leon Orr was served with a notice to appear on two drug charges after campus police searched his Gainesville dorm room Jan. 10.
The report, obtained by the campus newspaper The Alligator, says Orr’s dorm room in building eight of Keys Complex was searched by campus police and a “baggy of a green leafy substance, a glass pipe and rolling papers” were on Orr’s desk and bedside table.
Orr is being charged with possession of marijuana under 20 grams and possession of drug paraphernalia. He will appear in court Feb. 8.
After the “green leafy substance” was confirmed as marijuana, Orr was read his rights and admitted the items found were his, the report said. The report doesn’t say what let to the search.
Since Will Muschamp replaced Urban Meyer as head coach, eight different Gators football players have been arrested.
At Gulf, Orr was a Pasco Tribune first-team selection in 2009. As a redshirt freshman for the Gators, he had 10 tackles, a sack and a tackle for loss.
Correspondent Andy Villamarzo contributed to this report.