Most Recent Entries
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
Former Gulf star faces drug charges
Posted Jan 19, 2012 by Rick Harmon
Updated Jan 19, 2012 at 08:28 PM
Former Gulf High and current University of Florida sophomore defensive tackle Leon Orr was served with a notice to appear on two drug charges after campus police searched his Gainesville dorm room Jan. 10.
The report, obtained by the campus newspaper The Alligator, says Orr’s dorm room in building eight of Keys Complex was searched by campus police and a “baggy of a green leafy substance, a glass pipe and rolling papers” were on Orr’s desk and bedside table.
Orr is being charged with possession of marijuana under 20 grams and possession of drug paraphernalia. He will appear in court Feb. 8.
After the “green leafy substance” was confirmed as marijuana, Orr was read his rights and admitted the items found were his, the report said. The report doesn’t say what let to the search.
Since Will Muschamp replaced Urban Meyer as head coach, eight different Gators football players have been arrested.
At Gulf, Orr was a Pasco Tribune first-team selection in 2009. As a redshirt freshman for the Gators, he had 10 tackles, a sack and a tackle for loss.
Correspondent Andy Villamarzo contributed to this report.