Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
Former Gaither soccer player Dragotta named to SEC conference team
Posted Nov 1, 2012 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Nov 1, 2012 at 02:32 PM
Former Gaither and current University of Florida midfielder Jo Dragotta was named to the Southeastern Conference Women’s Soccer First Team Monday.
Dragotta, a senior, is the Gators’ team leader with seven goals this season and also has three assists. The senior plays defensive midfield for the No. 10 Gators, who play Missouri Friday in the SEC semifinal match at 7:30 p.m. The match can be seen online at ESPN3.
Dragotta helped Florida reach the semifinal notching the Gators’ first goal in their conference tournament opening round match, 2-1 win over Ole Miss.
At Gaither Dragotta was a four-year starter who scored 14 goals and had 10 assists in her senior season.