Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Former Durant ace Danish makes Baseball America High School All-America list
Posted Jun 25, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Jun 25, 2013 at 07:02 PM
Durant ace Tyler Danish was named to Baseball America’s 2013 High School All-America first team on Tuesday. Danish, who led Durant to the Class 8A state final, posted a 15-1 record with a 0.00 ERA in his senior season.
Danish, who was named Florida Dairy Farmers Baseball Player of the Year and was the Tampa Tribune’s Male Athlete of the Year honoree as well, was selected in the second round (No. 55 overall) of the 2013 Major League Baseball First-Year Player Draft being picked by the Chicago White Sox.
Danish made his professional debut on Saturday, June 22 for the White Sox Rookie Affiliate in Bristol, Va. tossing a shutout inning of relief.
Brett Morales, who led King’s pitching staff and helped the Lions reach the Class 6A state semifinals, was named to 2nd Team All-America after completing an 11-2 record in his senior season.
The right-hander posted an 0.58 ERA with 127 strikeouts and was named as a Tampa Tribune All-Hillsborough County First teamer. Morales, who was selected in the 24th round by the Cincinnati Reds, had made it clear on Twitter he was electing to attend the University of Florida on a baseball scholarship early on day two of the draft.
Hernando High’s Christian Arroyo was selected to the first team after helping the Leopards reach the Class 5A region quarterfinals by hitting .524 on the year, scoring 42 runs and driving in 35. Arroyo was selected in the first round of this MLB Draft as the 25th overall pick of the San Francisco Giants. Arroyo signed with the Giants on June 18th.
Also making the list were a pair of players from Class 7A state champs Venice as catcher Mike Rivera was selected as a second team member and senior pitcher Cooper Hammond was named to the third team list.