Most Recent Entries
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
Former Bloomingdale student qualifies for skating championships
Posted Nov 16, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Nov 16, 2012 at 02:10 PM
Ashlyn Gaughan, a former Bloomingdale student now a senior in Hillsboroough Virtual School, has qualified for the Prudential U.S. Figure Skating Championships in Omaha, Neb., January 20-27.
Gaughan and her skating partner, Cody Lithco, earned their spot in the championships by placing fourth in ice dance at the Midwest Sectional Figure Skating Championships last week in Ohio. The two currently train in Colorado Springs, Col.
Gaughan attended Bloomingdale until the middle of her junior year, when she was offered the chance to train in Colorado. In virtual school, Gaughan maintains a 5.6 grade point average while taking four advanced placement and two honors courses online. She is accepting donations to offset the cost of travelling between Florida and Colorado, as well as her housing and living expenses in Colorado. Both her parents both are school district employees.
When she’s not in Colorado, Gaughan skates at the Brandon Ice Sports Forum, Ellenton Ice and Sports Complex, and the Ice Factory in Kissimmee.