Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
Former Bloomingdale student qualifies for skating championships
Posted Nov 16, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Nov 16, 2012 at 02:10 PM
Ashlyn Gaughan, a former Bloomingdale student now a senior in Hillsboroough Virtual School, has qualified for the Prudential U.S. Figure Skating Championships in Omaha, Neb., January 20-27.
Gaughan and her skating partner, Cody Lithco, earned their spot in the championships by placing fourth in ice dance at the Midwest Sectional Figure Skating Championships last week in Ohio. The two currently train in Colorado Springs, Col.
Gaughan attended Bloomingdale until the middle of her junior year, when she was offered the chance to train in Colorado. In virtual school, Gaughan maintains a 5.6 grade point average while taking four advanced placement and two honors courses online. She is accepting donations to offset the cost of travelling between Florida and Colorado, as well as her housing and living expenses in Colorado. Both her parents both are school district employees.
When she’s not in Colorado, Gaughan skates at the Brandon Ice Sports Forum, Ellenton Ice and Sports Complex, and the Ice Factory in Kissimmee.