Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
Former Armwood ace Benincasa sign with Washington
Posted Jun 25, 2012 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Jun 25, 2012 at 09:12 PM
Armwood alum and former Florida State closer Robert Benincasa announced via Twitter that he has agreed to a contract with the Washington Nationals. Benincasa was a seventh round (No. 234) selection by Washington in the Major League Baseball first-year players draft at the beginning of the month.
Benincasa had 16 saves as FSU’s closer in his junior season as the Seminoles advanced to the College World Series. Benincasa posted a 1.32 ERA with 58 strikeouts in a 41 innings.
While at Armwood, Benincasa was a Tampa Tribune All-Hillsborough County first teamer and was the 2009 Tony Saladino Memorial Baseball Award winner after posting a 12-1 record his senior season, which included a county-leading seven complete games and striking out 91 batters.