Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Former Armwood ace Benincasa sign with Washington
Posted Jun 25, 2012 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Jun 25, 2012 at 09:12 PM
Armwood alum and former Florida State closer Robert Benincasa announced via Twitter that he has agreed to a contract with the Washington Nationals. Benincasa was a seventh round (No. 234) selection by Washington in the Major League Baseball first-year players draft at the beginning of the month.
Benincasa had 16 saves as FSU’s closer in his junior season as the Seminoles advanced to the College World Series. Benincasa posted a 1.32 ERA with 58 strikeouts in a 41 innings.
While at Armwood, Benincasa was a Tampa Tribune All-Hillsborough County first teamer and was the 2009 Tony Saladino Memorial Baseball Award winner after posting a 12-1 record his senior season, which included a county-leading seven complete games and striking out 91 batters.