Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Football: Steinbrenner coach suspended for Friday’s game
Posted Oct 30, 2013 by Nick Williams
Updated Oct 30, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Steinbrenner head football coach Andres Perez will not be on the sideline with his team Friday when the Warriors (3-5, 2-2) play at Gaither (4-4, 3-1) in a key district game.
Perez was ejected during the fourth quarter last week’s district game against Freedom, which the Warriors won 17-15, and must serve a one-game suspension. Perez received a Level 1 unsportsmanlike conduct penalty and the school is assessed a $100 fine. Perez was also complete a six-hour “Fundamentals of Coaching” course before the end of the suspension.
Perez received two unsportsmanlike penalties during the game, the first with 2:01 remaining in the fourth quarter when he ran onto the field to dispute a call on the field. He received the second penalty at 1:52 for “disrespectfully addressing a game official”.