Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
Football: Steinbrenner coach suspended for Friday’s game
Posted Oct 30, 2013 by Nick Williams
Updated Oct 30, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Steinbrenner head football coach Andres Perez will not be on the sideline with his team Friday when the Warriors (3-5, 2-2) play at Gaither (4-4, 3-1) in a key district game.
Perez was ejected during the fourth quarter last week’s district game against Freedom, which the Warriors won 17-15, and must serve a one-game suspension. Perez received a Level 1 unsportsmanlike conduct penalty and the school is assessed a $100 fine. Perez was also complete a six-hour “Fundamentals of Coaching” course before the end of the suspension.
Perez received two unsportsmanlike penalties during the game, the first with 2:01 remaining in the fourth quarter when he ran onto the field to dispute a call on the field. He received the second penalty at 1:52 for “disrespectfully addressing a game official”.