Most Recent Entries
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
Florida’s first three football games will be on ESPN
Posted Jul 16, 2012 by TBO.com
Updated Jul 16, 2012 at 01:46 PM
By DAVID JONES
GAINESVILLE—ESPN announced Monday it has picked up Florida’s first three football games in the 2012 season _ highlighted by the Sept. 8 SEC opener against Texas A&M in College Station.
It will be the Aggies’ first conference game since joining the league via expansion in the offseason. Kickoff will be at 3:30 p.m.
ESPN also picked up the Gators’ Sept. 1 season opener against Bowling Green. The opener is traditionally played in the evening hours because of the Florida heat but the network scheduled this year’s game for 3:30 p.m.
The starting tme could cause issues for players and fans, as well, as temperatures on the field could exceed 100 degrees during that time of year in the afternoon hours.
Florida’s Sept. 15 road game at Tennessee was also picked up by ESPN and the kickoff is at 6 p.m. CBS elected to pass on the game, a rarity, to televise the Arkansas-Alabama contest instead. That contest figures to be between two Top 10 teams.