Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Florida Gators football hires new offensive line coach
Posted Feb 13, 2012 by Aaron Oberlin
Updated Feb 13, 2012 at 08:41 PM
The University of Florida football team has a new offensive line coach.
Gators head coach Will Muschamp said earlier today that Tim Davis will fill the role. He comes from his alma mater Utah, where he was the offensive line coach last season.
“Tim is a perfect fit for our program,” said Muschamp. “He has a history of coaching in a pro-style offense and shares the same program philosophies. It will be a seamless transition for our players and staff.”
Davis takes over the spot ran by Frank Verducci last season. Davis brings 25 years of coaching experience to the Swamp. He has coached nine years with current Gators staff. Davis coached the Minnesota offensive line in 2009-‘10 and worked alongside Derek Lewis, the current UF tight ends coach. In 2005-‘06, Davis worked with current UF coaches Muschamp and Dan Quinn with the Miami Dolphins. Before all of that, from 1997-2001, Davis worked with current Gator running backs coach Brian White at Wisconsin.
“(Davis) understands the values that we put on the line of scrimmage, and he will help us get where we want to be at that position,” Muschamp said.
Said Davis, “Like most assistant coaches, I’ve been on a number of coaching staffs and usually there is a transition period when you join a new staff. I don’t look at this as joining a new staff, having worked with coach Muschamp, Dan Quinn, Brian White and Derek Lewis in the past. I understand the shared philosophies of the staff and look forward to being part of The Gator Nation.”