Most Recent Entries
- Top recruits aren’t the only people being developed under Callahan
- Pasco High’s Andrew Ivie, Bowman Archibald pick up offers from USF
- Panini reveals details about Pinnacle basketball
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
Florida Gators football hires new offensive line coach
Posted Feb 13, 2012 by Aaron Oberlin
Updated Feb 13, 2012 at 08:41 PM
The University of Florida football team has a new offensive line coach.
Gators head coach Will Muschamp said earlier today that Tim Davis will fill the role. He comes from his alma mater Utah, where he was the offensive line coach last season.
“Tim is a perfect fit for our program,” said Muschamp. “He has a history of coaching in a pro-style offense and shares the same program philosophies. It will be a seamless transition for our players and staff.”
Davis takes over the spot ran by Frank Verducci last season. Davis brings 25 years of coaching experience to the Swamp. He has coached nine years with current Gators staff. Davis coached the Minnesota offensive line in 2009-‘10 and worked alongside Derek Lewis, the current UF tight ends coach. In 2005-‘06, Davis worked with current UF coaches Muschamp and Dan Quinn with the Miami Dolphins. Before all of that, from 1997-2001, Davis worked with current Gator running backs coach Brian White at Wisconsin.
“(Davis) understands the values that we put on the line of scrimmage, and he will help us get where we want to be at that position,” Muschamp said.
Said Davis, “Like most assistant coaches, I’ve been on a number of coaching staffs and usually there is a transition period when you join a new staff. I don’t look at this as joining a new staff, having worked with coach Muschamp, Dan Quinn, Brian White and Derek Lewis in the past. I understand the shared philosophies of the staff and look forward to being part of The Gator Nation.”