Most Recent Entries
- Gausman is Bowman’s No. 3 redemption card
- Topps previews baseball Update series
- Panini’s Prime Hockey will have extra treat
- Rays juggle rotation to get Cobb a start this weekend against Yankees
- Beckett opens weekly Wednesday chat room on Facebook page
- Rays @ Jays: Joyce update, Longo DH, Molina returns
- NFL Network report on Revis is revealing
- In The Game acquires Sport Kings LP
- Pasco WR Nate Craig (2016) up to 15 Division I offers
- Tampa Bay softball players honored by FACA
- Western Conference Baseball Teams
- Pasco baseball players Blaine Duncan, Matt Plourde headed to Barry, Daytona State respectively
- Maddon changes stance on Escobar’s home run guesture
- Panini previews Rookies & Stars football
- A peek at Panini’s 2013 Cooperstown Collection
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
FIU to name Bucs QBs coach Turner new HC
Posted Jan 4, 2013 by Roy Cummings
Updated Jan 4, 2013 at 01:28 AM
BY ROY CUMMINGS
The Tampa Tribune
TAMPA – Already on the lookout for a new receivers coach, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are now in the market for a new quarterbacks coach as well.
Ron Turner, who took over as the Bucs QBs coach last offseason, is leaving Tampa Bay to take the head coach’s job at Florida International University, the school said late Thursday.
Bucs officials did not immediately return requests for confirmation of the report, but FIU officials said they were planning a Friday press conference to announce Turner’s hiring.
Turner would be the second offensive assistant to leave the Bucs this offseason. He follows the departure of receivers coach P.J. Fleck, who has left to take over as the new head coach at Western Michigan University.
Turner is also at least the second Bucs assistant that FIU has attempted to land as its new head coach, following Butch Davis, the Bucs special assistant to head coach Greg Schiano.
Turner head coaching gig is the third for Turner, who previously ran the program at San Jose State for one year (1992) and the University of Illinois for eight years (1997-2004).
One name being mentioned as a possible replacement for either Turner or Fleck is that of John McNulty, the former Arizona Cardinals QBs coach who was fired along with head coach Ken Whisenhunt last week.
Bucs coach Greg Schiano, who had McNulty as his offensive coordinator and QBs coach for five seasons while both were at Rutgers, asked for permission to speak to McNulty about the Bucs offensive coordinator’s job last year but was denied.