- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Fitzpatrick, Poland receive NCAA suspensions
Posted Nov 12, 2011 by Adam Adkins
Updated Nov 12, 2011 at 08:37 PM
University of South Florida men’s basketball players Jawanza Poland and Toarlyn Fitzpatrick each will serve NCAA-mandated suspensions for their participation in an non-sanctioned summer league.
Poland received a two-game suspension and Fitzpatrick one game, which coincides with the number of games they played in the league.
Fitzpatrick will serve his suspension in tonight’s season opener against Vermont at the University of Tampa’s Bob Martinez Center. It’s a big blow to USF’s frontcourt, as it leaves only two true scholarship post players available – seniors Augustus Gilchrist and Ron Anderson Jr. – against the Catamounts.
Poland will serve his suspension as soon as he gets healthy. He is expected to miss the first month of the season while recovering from a back injury.