- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
Fitzpatrick, Poland receive NCAA suspensions
Posted Nov 12, 2011 by Adam Adkins
Updated Nov 12, 2011 at 08:37 PM
University of South Florida men’s basketball players Jawanza Poland and Toarlyn Fitzpatrick each will serve NCAA-mandated suspensions for their participation in an non-sanctioned summer league.
Poland received a two-game suspension and Fitzpatrick one game, which coincides with the number of games they played in the league.
Fitzpatrick will serve his suspension in tonight’s season opener against Vermont at the University of Tampa’s Bob Martinez Center. It’s a big blow to USF’s frontcourt, as it leaves only two true scholarship post players available – seniors Augustus Gilchrist and Ron Anderson Jr. – against the Catamounts.
Poland will serve his suspension as soon as he gets healthy. He is expected to miss the first month of the season while recovering from a back injury.