Most Recent Entries
- Gausman is Bowman’s No. 3 redemption card
- Topps previews baseball Update series
- Panini’s Prime Hockey will have extra treat
- Rays juggle rotation to get Cobb a start this weekend against Yankees
- Beckett opens weekly Wednesday chat room on Facebook page
- Rays @ Jays: Joyce update, Longo DH, Molina returns
- NFL Network report on Revis is revealing
- In The Game acquires Sport Kings LP
- Pasco WR Nate Craig (2016) up to 15 Division I offers
- Tampa Bay softball players honored by FACA
- Western Conference Baseball Teams
- Pasco baseball players Blaine Duncan, Matt Plourde headed to Barry, Daytona State respectively
- Maddon changes stance on Escobar’s home run guesture
- Panini previews Rookies & Stars football
- A peek at Panini’s 2013 Cooperstown Collection
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
FHSAA to begin negotiations for state finals venues
Posted Jun 5, 2012 by Rick Harmon
Updated Jun 5, 2012 at 10:39 PM
The Florida High School Athletic Association has completed its review and rankings for all proposals for hosting state championship events in baseball, cross country and soccer beginning with the 2012-13 school year and has selected its top venues for each of the three sports. Negotiations will begin with the highest-ranked sites and contracts are expected to be signed by Aug. 1.
The following sites have been selected as the top proposals:
Baseball: Lee County Sports Authority - JetBlue Park
Cross Country: Tallahassee Sports Council - Apalachee Regional Park
Soccer: Space Coast Sports Promotions - Melbourne Central Catholic Sports Complex
Most of these bidders are offering the FHSAA a lucrative deal to host the events. The Tallahassee Sports Council, for example, is reportedly giving the entire gate to the FHSAA. Last year’s state finals had 4,200 paying customers at $9 a head. That’s $37,800.
Apalachee Regional Park is the home cross country course of Florida State, which will be hosting an NCAA regional meet there this fall.
The meet in Tallahassee marks the second state final in the last year that has gone north. The state track and field championships were held this season for the first time in Jacksonville, at the University of North Florida.
JetBlue Park opened in March, 2012. It’s primarily the spring training home of the Boston Red Sox. The naming rights were purchased by jetBlue Airways.
Melbourne Central Catholic Sports Complex is on the campus of the school. Soccer is played at Hustler Stadium, which features artificial turf.