Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Fantroy signs with Jackson State
Posted May 27, 2013 by Scott Purks
Updated May 27, 2013 at 02:03 PM
TAMPA—Alonso’s Quatasia Fantroy, who won a state title this year in the triple jump with a school-record leap of 38 feet, 9.75 inches, signed a track scholarship this week with Jackson State University in Mississippi.
Fantroy is expected to compete in the triple jump and help out in the sprinting events as well.
“She is easily the most decorated female athlete to come out of Alonso,” Alonso track coach Roger Mills said. “She has the potential to do more great things at the next level.”
This year Fantroy also contributed to the Ravens’ basketball team, averaging more than 20 points a game.