Most Recent Entries
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
- Boys Basketball: Jean, Ingram make 7A All-State Team
Faine Is Highest-Paid Center Ever
Posted Feb 29, 2008 by Roy Cummings
Updated Feb 29, 2008 at 04:28 PM
The numbers are in on the Jeff Faine deal, and they’re huge.
Faine signed a six-year, $37.5 million package that includes $15 million in guaranteed payouts. The deal is also believed to call for Faine to receive $20 million in the first three years.
Not bad for a player who was let go so the Browns could sign LeCharles Bentley.
In case you’re wondering, that’s the biggest deal ever signed by a center in the NFL.
The deal the Bucs have offered for TE John Gilmore is slightly less lucrative but it’s better than the three-year package offered by the Bears, who only wanted to give him minimum salaries and a modest signing bonus.
It may be sometime tomorrow, though, before Gilmore signs on with the Bucs. His flight to Tampa has been delayed and he may not make it in to town in time to take a physical tonight.
One other note, it looks like LB Demorrio Williams will visit the Bucs on Monday. He is scheduled to visit the Bears on Tuesday and is in Kansas City today.
Does anyone else see a pattern here. All three teams Williams is visiting play the Tampa 2 defense.