Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Faine Is Highest-Paid Center Ever
Posted Feb 29, 2008 by Roy Cummings
Updated Feb 29, 2008 at 04:28 PM
The numbers are in on the Jeff Faine deal, and they’re huge.
Faine signed a six-year, $37.5 million package that includes $15 million in guaranteed payouts. The deal is also believed to call for Faine to receive $20 million in the first three years.
Not bad for a player who was let go so the Browns could sign LeCharles Bentley.
In case you’re wondering, that’s the biggest deal ever signed by a center in the NFL.
The deal the Bucs have offered for TE John Gilmore is slightly less lucrative but it’s better than the three-year package offered by the Bears, who only wanted to give him minimum salaries and a modest signing bonus.
It may be sometime tomorrow, though, before Gilmore signs on with the Bucs. His flight to Tampa has been delayed and he may not make it in to town in time to take a physical tonight.
One other note, it looks like LB Demorrio Williams will visit the Bucs on Monday. He is scheduled to visit the Bears on Tuesday and is in Kansas City today.
Does anyone else see a pattern here. All three teams Williams is visiting play the Tampa 2 defense.