Most Recent Entries
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson picks up 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
FACA names four Pasco County girls hoops players to POY awards
Posted Feb 7, 2013 by Andy Villamarzo
Updated Feb 7, 2013 at 01:48 PM
The Florida Athletic Coaches Association held its annual District 10 meeting and four Pasco County girls basketball players were named players of the year for their respective districts.
The following were named to the District 10 honors: Bishop McLaughlin’s Brielle Downing (Class 3A-District 10), Pasco’s Brianca Roberts (Class 5A-District 10), Land O’ Lakes’ Sarah Nichols (Class 6A-District 10) and Wiregrass Ranch’s Amanda Melosky (Class 7A-District 10).
Downing, a freshman for the Hurricanes, had a tremendous season and averaged 18.8 points per game and leads all freshman in scoring.
Roberts helped lead the Pirates back into the postseason and averaged over 15 points for the regular season.
Nichols was a vital part to Land O’ Lakes’ 11-10 season and posted numbers of 10.3 ppg and nearly five rebounds per contest, and Melosky, a sophomore for the Bulls, averaged 14.7 ppg and 10.3 boards a game.