Most Recent Entries
- Oviedo arrives and lineups for split-squad Saturday
- Collect call: 2014 Topps Sticker Collection
- Cambridge Christian searching for new AD, boys basketball coach
- Rays @ Braves: Lineups
- Rays v Pirates: Lineups
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Basketball: Gray, Ingram, Sanders, Roberts, Seoane to play in FACA All-Star game
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
FACA names four Pasco County girls hoops players to POY awards
Posted Feb 7, 2013 by Andy Villamarzo
Updated Feb 7, 2013 at 01:48 PM
The Florida Athletic Coaches Association held its annual District 10 meeting and four Pasco County girls basketball players were named players of the year for their respective districts.
The following were named to the District 10 honors: Bishop McLaughlin’s Brielle Downing (Class 3A-District 10), Pasco’s Brianca Roberts (Class 5A-District 10), Land O’ Lakes’ Sarah Nichols (Class 6A-District 10) and Wiregrass Ranch’s Amanda Melosky (Class 7A-District 10).
Downing, a freshman for the Hurricanes, had a tremendous season and averaged 18.8 points per game and leads all freshman in scoring.
Roberts helped lead the Pirates back into the postseason and averaged over 15 points for the regular season.
Nichols was a vital part to Land O’ Lakes’ 11-10 season and posted numbers of 10.3 ppg and nearly five rebounds per contest, and Melosky, a sophomore for the Bulls, averaged 14.7 ppg and 10.3 boards a game.