- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Ex-USF QB Grothe on tryout with Storm
Posted Jun 8, 2011 by Adam Adkins
Updated Jun 8, 2011 at 09:08 PM
Former University of South Florida quarterback Matt Grothe could get another opportunity to play football in the Bay area.
Grothe, recently released by the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League, has been brought in for a two-day tryout with the Arena Football League’s Tampa Bay Storm, a team spokesperson said. He is scheduled to work out for Tampa Bay on Wednesday and Thursday, and if things go well, he could be signed to the active roster.
Several former USF players are currently with the Storm, including receivers Huey Whittaker and Amarri Jackson, linebacker Terrence Royal, defensive lineman Jarriett Buie and quarterback Grant Gregory, who served as Grothe’s backup when the two were at USF.
Grothe set several single-season and career marks during his time with the Bulls, including finishing as the career leader in total offense with 10,875 yards.