- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Ex-USF QB Grothe on tryout with Storm
Posted Jun 8, 2011 by Adam Adkins
Updated Jun 8, 2011 at 09:08 PM
Former University of South Florida quarterback Matt Grothe could get another opportunity to play football in the Bay area.
Grothe, recently released by the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League, has been brought in for a two-day tryout with the Arena Football League’s Tampa Bay Storm, a team spokesperson said. He is scheduled to work out for Tampa Bay on Wednesday and Thursday, and if things go well, he could be signed to the active roster.
Several former USF players are currently with the Storm, including receivers Huey Whittaker and Amarri Jackson, linebacker Terrence Royal, defensive lineman Jarriett Buie and quarterback Grant Gregory, who served as Grothe’s backup when the two were at USF.
Grothe set several single-season and career marks during his time with the Bulls, including finishing as the career leader in total offense with 10,875 yards.