- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Ex-USF QB Grothe on tryout with Storm
Posted Jun 8, 2011 by Adam Adkins
Updated Jun 8, 2011 at 09:08 PM
Former University of South Florida quarterback Matt Grothe could get another opportunity to play football in the Bay area.
Grothe, recently released by the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League, has been brought in for a two-day tryout with the Arena Football League’s Tampa Bay Storm, a team spokesperson said. He is scheduled to work out for Tampa Bay on Wednesday and Thursday, and if things go well, he could be signed to the active roster.
Several former USF players are currently with the Storm, including receivers Huey Whittaker and Amarri Jackson, linebacker Terrence Royal, defensive lineman Jarriett Buie and quarterback Grant Gregory, who served as Grothe’s backup when the two were at USF.
Grothe set several single-season and career marks during his time with the Bulls, including finishing as the career leader in total offense with 10,875 yards.