Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
Ex-Ray Dukes May Be Ordered To Pay $57,000 In Back Child Support
Posted Jan 14, 2009 by Roy Cummings
Updated Jan 14, 2009 at 12:20 PM
TAMPA - Former Rays outfielder Elijah Dukes and his ex-wife are awaiting a court order in her motion to have him pay $57,000 in back child support by next Friday or face jail time.
The two sides were in Hillsborough County Circuit Court yesterday.
The hearing is the latest twist in a strained relationship that first came to light publicly in 2007, when Elijah Dukes was accused by NiShea Dukes of coming to the middle school where she worked and threatening to kill her.