Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
Ex-Ray Dukes May Be Ordered To Pay $57,000 In Back Child Support
Posted Jan 14, 2009 by Roy Cummings
Updated Jan 14, 2009 at 12:20 PM
TAMPA - Former Rays outfielder Elijah Dukes and his ex-wife are awaiting a court order in her motion to have him pay $57,000 in back child support by next Friday or face jail time.
The two sides were in Hillsborough County Circuit Court yesterday.
The hearing is the latest twist in a strained relationship that first came to light publicly in 2007, when Elijah Dukes was accused by NiShea Dukes of coming to the middle school where she worked and threatening to kill her.