Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
Ex-Jefferson QB Garcia In Trouble Again
Posted Mar 24, 2008 by Adam Adkins
Updated Mar 24, 2008 at 06:13 PM
Former Jefferson quarterback Stephen Garcia, who holds Hillsborough County career marks in passing yards and touchdown passes, has found trouble for the third time since signing with the University of South Carolina. Here is a story of Garcia’s latest run-in, courtesy of The Associated Press.
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — South Carolina’s highly touted freshman quarterback has been charged with underage drinking and paid a fine, marking his third run-in with police in about a year.
The State newspaper of Columbia reports that Stephen Garcia paid a $257 fine Monday after he and two other football players were charged with underage drinking over the weekend.
The 20-year-old Garcia was arrested in February 2007 and charged with drunkenness and failure to stop for a police officer.
He was arrested about a month later on charges of malicious injury to personal property after a professor reported that Garcia had used a key to scratch the man’s car.
An athletic department spokesman did not immediately know what Garcia’s status with the team was. The spokesman says coach Steve Spurrier will be available Monday night after practice.