Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson picks up 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
Elsewhere, Hammel gets rotation shot
Posted Apr 22, 2009 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Apr 22, 2009 at 06:01 PM
SEATTLE—Hello from Safeco, where we’ve lost about 20 degrees since yesterday and it’s gray and nasty out there. The place has a roof, so no worries about the rain, but it’s open-air on the sides so it’s going to be chilly in the stadium regardless.
As we await today’s lineups and whether or not the Rays’ includes B.J. Upton, here’s some good news for a former Ray: Jason Hammel will be moved into Colorado’s rotation after the Rockies put starter Franklin Morales on the disabled list today. He has allowed two earned runs in three relief appearances to date.