Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
Elsewhere, Hammel gets rotation shot
Posted Apr 22, 2009 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Apr 22, 2009 at 06:01 PM
SEATTLE—Hello from Safeco, where we’ve lost about 20 degrees since yesterday and it’s gray and nasty out there. The place has a roof, so no worries about the rain, but it’s open-air on the sides so it’s going to be chilly in the stadium regardless.
As we await today’s lineups and whether or not the Rays’ includes B.J. Upton, here’s some good news for a former Ray: Jason Hammel will be moved into Colorado’s rotation after the Rockies put starter Franklin Morales on the disabled list today. He has allowed two earned runs in three relief appearances to date.