Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
Eight Tigers ink letters at Jesuit
Posted Nov 14, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Nov 14, 2012 at 10:13 AM
It was a standing room only crowd gathered in the President’s board room of Jesuit High this morning when eight Tigers athletes signed National Letters of Intent with their respective colleges.
Inking letters were baseball players Daniel Portales and Vincent Miniet, who will both attend the University of South Florida, Leland Saile, who will attend the Naval Academy, Adrian Chacon and Spencer Trayner, who are both headed to the University of North Carolina, Jordan Parnell, who signed with High Point (N.C.) University and John Kilichowski, who is headed to Vanderbilt University.
The lone Jesuit athlete outside of the baseball diamond who signed today was 6-foot-6 Jack Fleming, who earlier this week announced he will attend Colgate University in Hamilton, N.Y.
Portales is a first baseman/pitcher, Chacon is a catcher, Miniet plays third base and also catches while Saile, Parnell, Trayner and Kilichowski are all pitchers. With that many returning standouts, the Tigers are expected to be one of the top-ranked teams in the state when play begins next spring.