Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
Edwards Could Return To Bucs
Posted Jan 24, 2009 by Roy Cummings
Updated Jan 24, 2009 at 03:36 PM
TAMPA – The Bucs are in a position to benefit from the Chiefs decision to fire Herm Edwards as head coach.
Though he has no apparent desire to work as a defensive coordinator, Edwards apparently does have a desire to go back to his roots and coach defensive backs again.
The Bucs just happen to be in the market for a defensive backs coach and having Edwards back in that capacity would no doubt benefit the Bucs.
It might not hurt coach Raheem Morris either. Morris is quite obviously new to this head coaching thing and having a guy like Edwards around wouldn’t hurt. After all, Edwards jumped from secondary coach to head coach, too.