Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Edwards Could Return To Bucs
Posted Jan 24, 2009 by Roy Cummings
Updated Jan 24, 2009 at 03:36 PM
TAMPA – The Bucs are in a position to benefit from the Chiefs decision to fire Herm Edwards as head coach.
Though he has no apparent desire to work as a defensive coordinator, Edwards apparently does have a desire to go back to his roots and coach defensive backs again.
The Bucs just happen to be in the market for a defensive backs coach and having Edwards back in that capacity would no doubt benefit the Bucs.
It might not hurt coach Raheem Morris either. Morris is quite obviously new to this head coaching thing and having a guy like Edwards around wouldn’t hurt. After all, Edwards jumped from secondary coach to head coach, too.