Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
- Boys Basketball: Jean, Ingram make 7A All-State Team
Dutch website reports daughter of Phil Esposito has died
Posted Jan 31, 2012 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Jan 31, 2012 at 12:22 AM
According to Dutch web site IJshockey.com Carrie Selivanov has passed away at the age of 43 due to ilness. Selivanov is the daughter of Lightning founder and NHL Hall of Famer Phil Esposito who married former Lightning winger Alex Selivanov, a player/coach for Dutch hockey club Hague.
No details were immediately available.
Below is the translation from Google, with the original in Dutch below that:
“The wife of player / coach Alexander Selivanov Hague is deceased. Reported that the organization in The Hague.
Details about the death are still missing. It is also not clear what the tragedy will mean for The Hague. Selivanov has gone home to Germany. His wife is a daughter of hockey legend Phil Esposito.
Alexander Selivanov IJshockey.com wishes, his family and friends lots of strength with the loss.’‘
“De echtgenote van speler/coach Alexander Selivanov van Den Haag is overleden. Dat meldt de organisatie in Den Haag.
Details over het overlijden ontbreken nog. Ook is nog niet duidelijk wat de tragedie gaat betekenen voor Den Haag. Selivanov is naar huis in Duitsland vertrokken. Zijn echtgenote is een dochter van ijshockeylegende Phil Esposito.
IJshockey.com wenst Alexander Selivanov, zijn familie en vrienden heel veel sterkte met het verlies.’’