Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Durant’s Danish named Perfect Game USA Tournament MVPitcher
Posted Nov 3, 2012 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Nov 3, 2012 at 05:27 PM
Durant third baseman and pitcher Tyler Danish was named the Most Valuable Pitcher in the Perfect Game USA World Wood Bat Association World Championship held in Jupiter, Fla. October 25-29.
Danish, who played for the tournament runner-up Chet Lemon’s Juice, was 2-0 in the tournament pitching 13 1/3 innings, allowing three earned runs (1.57 ERA) on six hits and striking out 20.
The Cougars senior and University of Florida commit, led the Juice to a 3-1 semifinal win over the No. 1 seed Evoshield Canes with a complete game, nine strikeout performance. Danish said he also threw four innings of no-hit baseball in his other start for the Juice in the tournament. The Juice fell 8-2 in the final to East Cobb (Ga.) in the championship final. Danish, who has played with Perfect Game USA for two seasons was also the tournament MVPitcher for 2011’s Underclassmen Championship tournament in Ft. Myers in October 2011.
Last season, Danish went 4-2 for the Cougars with a 1.24 ERA, 47 strikeouts for Class 8A-District runner-up and region semifinalist Durant. He also chipped in at the plate with a .378 average, 17 runs scored, 13 RBI, 13 stolen bases and two homeruns.