Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
Dukes sitting again
Posted Jun 15, 2007 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Jun 15, 2007 at 08:09 PM
DENVER—Elijah Dukes is absent from the starting lineup for the third consecutive game, though he is here at Coors Field. Joe Maddon said the call was entirely his. Andrew Friedman (who is here with the team) said leaving Dukes on the bench was not any sort of disciplinary measure on the organization’s part.
“It’s completely Joe’s decision,” said Friedman. “Elijah showed up yesterday and I think is in a much better frame of mind than he was Wednesday. The starting lineup is Joe’s decision.”
In other news, Friedman said Rocco Baldelli will report to Durham Sunday to begin a rehab assignment. The Rays hope to have him back from the disabled list when they return home next Friday to face the Dodgers.
Also, Maddon said Edwin Jackson will start Monday against the Diamondbacks. You’ve got to think he’s running out of chances ... don’t you?