Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
Dukes making strides?
Posted Mar 18, 2008 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Mar 18, 2008 at 07:05 AM
Barry Svrluga of the Washington Post today offers an update on how Elijah Dukes is adjusting to life with the Nationals. To this point, it sounds as if everything’s going well, with Dukes doing his part inside the cocoon the organization has constructed around him.
“I can communicate now without feeling like I’m afraid to say the wrong thing,” Dukes said. “These guys here, they’re willing to listen here. That’s it. When you have those ears, you feel much more relaxed. In the past, I don’t have people [who wanted] to hear. They hear what they want to hear.”