Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Dr. Phillips starter Lightsey lands at Armwood
Posted Mar 30, 2011 by Bill Ward
Updated Mar 30, 2011 at 10:49 PM
Offensive lineman Jack Lightsey, a starter for the Orlando Dr. Phillips football team that reached last season’s Class 6A state championship game, has moved to the Tampa Bay area and enrolled at Armwood, Hawks coach Sean Callahan confirmed Wednesday.
The 6-foot-3, 250-pound Lightsey was a starter at right tackle for Dr. Phillips last fall. Callahan said with all the Division-I recruits he has on the offensive line this year—as many as five, Callahan said—the Hawks make have to juggle some of their current starters to other spots on the line to make room for Lightsey.
But Callahan said the crowd of bodies on the O-line is “a good problem to have” as Armwood prepares for the 2011 campaign and its goal of returning to the 4A state title game.