Most Recent Entries
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
Dr. Phillips starter Lightsey lands at Armwood
Posted Mar 30, 2011 by Bill Ward
Updated Mar 30, 2011 at 10:49 PM
Offensive lineman Jack Lightsey, a starter for the Orlando Dr. Phillips football team that reached last season’s Class 6A state championship game, has moved to the Tampa Bay area and enrolled at Armwood, Hawks coach Sean Callahan confirmed Wednesday.
The 6-foot-3, 250-pound Lightsey was a starter at right tackle for Dr. Phillips last fall. Callahan said with all the Division-I recruits he has on the offensive line this year—as many as five, Callahan said—the Hawks make have to juggle some of their current starters to other spots on the line to make room for Lightsey.
But Callahan said the crowd of bodies on the O-line is “a good problem to have” as Armwood prepares for the 2011 campaign and its goal of returning to the 4A state title game.