Most Recent Entries
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson picks up 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
Dotson to start at RT for Bucs vs. Giants
Posted Sep 16, 2012 by Roy Cummings
Updated Sep 16, 2012 at 11:52 AM
BY ROY CUMMINGS
The Tampa Tribune
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – The Buccaneers have decided not to take any chances with right tackle Jeremy Trueblood’s sore left ankle.
With Trueblood nursing an ankle sprain he suffered early last week the Bucs have opted to start Demar Dotson at right tackle for today’s game against the Giants and have scratched Trueblood from the lineup.
Also scratched from the lineup for the Bucs today are cornerbacks Anthony Gaitor (hamstring) and E.J. Biggers (foot), running back/kick returner Michael Smith, linebacker Najee Goode, offensive lineman Derek Hardman and defensive end George Johnson.
Dotson has played in 23 games during his Bucs career, starting two games, both at right tackle. He spent the preseason filling in for left tackle Donald Penn, who missed most of training camp with a calf injury.
The decision to scratch Michael Smith means the Bucs will also have a different kick returner for this week’s game. Smith returned three kicks for 55 yards a week ago, a less than adequate result that coach Greg Schiano took a lot of the blame for.
“We had too many breakdowns on our kickoff return,’’ Schiano said. “We didn’t execute well. It was bad coaching by me. It wasn’t great playing and we just need to tighten that ship up a little bit.’’
Possible replacements for Smith as a kick returner include receivers Sammie Stroughter and Preston Parker.