Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Dotson to start at RT for Bucs vs. Giants
Posted Sep 16, 2012 by Roy Cummings
Updated Sep 16, 2012 at 11:52 AM
BY ROY CUMMINGS
The Tampa Tribune
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – The Buccaneers have decided not to take any chances with right tackle Jeremy Trueblood’s sore left ankle.
With Trueblood nursing an ankle sprain he suffered early last week the Bucs have opted to start Demar Dotson at right tackle for today’s game against the Giants and have scratched Trueblood from the lineup.
Also scratched from the lineup for the Bucs today are cornerbacks Anthony Gaitor (hamstring) and E.J. Biggers (foot), running back/kick returner Michael Smith, linebacker Najee Goode, offensive lineman Derek Hardman and defensive end George Johnson.
Dotson has played in 23 games during his Bucs career, starting two games, both at right tackle. He spent the preseason filling in for left tackle Donald Penn, who missed most of training camp with a calf injury.
The decision to scratch Michael Smith means the Bucs will also have a different kick returner for this week’s game. Smith returned three kicks for 55 yards a week ago, a less than adequate result that coach Greg Schiano took a lot of the blame for.
“We had too many breakdowns on our kickoff return,’’ Schiano said. “We didn’t execute well. It was bad coaching by me. It wasn’t great playing and we just need to tighten that ship up a little bit.’’
Possible replacements for Smith as a kick returner include receivers Sammie Stroughter and Preston Parker.