Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Donohoe filling out staff at Freedom
Posted Apr 10, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Apr 12, 2012 at 03:16 PM
Just a few weeks on the job as Freedom High’s new head football coach, Todd Donohoe has just about finished filling out his staff.
Taking the reins of offensive coordinator is Don Mesick, who held the same job for Palm Harbor University. He’s also worked as an assistant at Spoto and Dunedin. Assuming the role of defensive coordinator for Donohoe is Josh Ballinger, who held that post at Wesley Chapel.
Other positions Donohoe has filled:
Running backs coach: Lyn Gross, who was an assistant with Donohoe at Strawberry Crest.
Offensive line: Tony Mayberry, a former Tampa Bay Buccaneers player who made three Pro Bowls.
Defensive line: Patrick Horn and Quintin Smith.
Linebackers: Guy Kimbrough, a former assistant with Donohoe at Strawberry Crest, and Mark Cusick, a former Ohio State player.
Wide receivers: Stephen Jones
Defensive backs: Jose Brendana.
Quarterbacks: Michael Sneed, former head JV coach.
Head JV: Brian Conley, coached with Mesick at Palm Harbor.