Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Disney series official
Posted Feb 14, 2008 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Feb 14, 2008 at 02:20 PM
The Rays officially announced their April series at Disney against the Blue Jays. Here’s the press release from the team:
The Tampa Bay Rays will return to Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., to play the Toronto Blue Jays, April 22-24. The Rays swept a three-game series from the Texas Rangers at the Disney Sports Complex last May 15-17 in the first regular-season major league games ever played in the Orlando area.
“From the atmosphere at the ballpark, to the exposure the games generated throughout the State of Florida, to the series sweep, our experience at Disney last year was a great success,” said team President Matt Silverman. “More importantly, we provided fans in the Orlando area a first-hand look at the Rays. We are committed to extending the Rays deep into Central Florida and growing interest in our exciting, young team throughout the state.”
“We are thrilled to have the Rays back once again and look forward to another successful and entertaining series,” said Ken Potrock, Senior Vice President of Disney Sports Enterprises. “Having regular-season Major League Baseball return adds to the number of unique experiences that our guests can enjoy at Disney’s Wide World of Sports.”
Individual tickets for the three-game set will go on sale Saturday, February 16 at the Champion Stadium Box Office at Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex, Tropicana Field Box Office, Rays Tampa Office & Pro Shop, via the Rays official website at http://www.raysbaseball.com or http://www.raysbeisbol.com, all Ticketmaster locations, and via Ticketmaster Phonecharge at (727) 898-7297 or (407) 839-3900.
Tickets can also be purchased via an internet-only special on Friday, February 15.
All fans attending the games in Orlando will also receive a voucher for a ticket to a designated weekend game at Tropicana Field this season.
The Rays are also offering a special three-game package. Luxury entertainment suites and group ticket specials are available by calling 888-FAN RAYS or by logging on to raysbaseball.com.