- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Disch latest to turn down USF DC offer
Posted Feb 25, 2009 by Brett McMurphy
Updated Feb 25, 2009 at 03:43 PM
Illinois co-defensive coordinator Dan Disch, who was offered the defensive coordinator position at the University of South Florida, has decided to remain at Illinois, an Illini spokeswoman said Wednesday.
“He’s going to stay here,” Illinois associate SID Cassie Arner said.
Disch has been at Illinois the past four seasons.
Disch is the third to interview for the defensive coordinator position and second to turn it down. Nebraska linebacker coach Mike Ekeler turned down an offer to rejoin USF coach Jim Leavitt, who coached Ekeler at Kansas State. Former Cincinnati coach Joe Tresey also interviewed for the position, but was not offered the job.
Where will the Bulls turn to now? Who would you put on your wish list? I’ve got some more names I need to confirm on possible candidates that I’ll update later.