Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
DiFelice, Medlock back to Durham
Posted Apr 24, 2008 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Apr 24, 2008 at 03:30 PM
LAKE BUENA VISTA—The Rays will get to hold onto the two players they have designated for assignment in the last week. Catcher Mike DiFelice and right-hander Calvin Medlock both cleared waivers and will report to Durham.
I don’t imagine the odds of Medlock ending up in a Rays uniform this season are all that good, but the way catchers seem to get hurt around here, I can imagine DiFelice might be back—and that would please a lot of folks in the Rays’ clubhouse. The guy did an outstanding job in the couple of weeks he was here.