Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
- Boys Basketball: Jean, Ingram make 7A All-State Team
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Aaron auto is mystery redemption card No. 1 for 2014 Topps Tribute
- Bishop McLaughlin names assistant Craig Moore as its head football coach
DiFelice, Medlock back to Durham
Posted Apr 24, 2008 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Apr 24, 2008 at 03:30 PM
LAKE BUENA VISTA—The Rays will get to hold onto the two players they have designated for assignment in the last week. Catcher Mike DiFelice and right-hander Calvin Medlock both cleared waivers and will report to Durham.
I don’t imagine the odds of Medlock ending up in a Rays uniform this season are all that good, but the way catchers seem to get hurt around here, I can imagine DiFelice might be back—and that would please a lot of folks in the Rays’ clubhouse. The guy did an outstanding job in the couple of weeks he was here.