Most Recent Entries
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
Depth Available In WR Free-Agent Pool
Posted Feb 28, 2008 by Roy Cummings
Updated Feb 28, 2008 at 11:27 PM
TAMPA - The free-agency signing period hasn’t even begun yet and already it appears the Bucs are out of the running for three of the top wide receivers in the class.
Randy Moss is expected to re-sign with the Patriots, Andre Davis has already re-signed with the Houston Texans and Bernard Berrian is expected to either re-sign with the Bears or sign with Tennessee, Minnesota or San Francisco.
Don’t fret, though, Bucs fans. The talent at receiver in this year’s market is moderately deep. It’s not great but it could be pretty good if a couple of players start playing up to their abilities.
We’re talking namely about guys such as D.J. Hackett, Bryant Johnson and Ernest Wilford. And truth be known, those are the guys the Bucs are probably most interested in anyway.
We’re hearing the Bucs have a great interest in Hackett and the previous association between Coach Jon Gruden, General Manager Bruce Allen and wideout Jerry Porter makes Porter, a former Raider, a logical target.
The Bucs are looking for speed at this position so Marty Booker is a possible target. So is Donte’ Stallworth. The Bucs had interest in him once before. Maybe this is the year they reel him in.