Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
Deal with Twins, Rockies not on docket
Posted Dec 9, 2008 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Dec 9, 2008 at 03:02 PM
LAS VEGAS—Just spoke briefly with a Rays official who was mystified about ESPN’s report of a potential three-way deal among the Rays, Rockies and Twins that would bring Delmon Young back to Tampa Bay and send Andy Sonnanstine or Edwin Jackson to Colorado. The Rays haven’t had talks with either team along those lines, apparently.
Also, on the subject of meetings with free agents, the Rays don’t have any in-person sitdowns scheduled for today.