Most Recent Entries
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
Deal For Stevens Not Close
Posted Mar 4, 2009 by Roy Cummings
Updated Mar 4, 2009 at 12:56 PM
By ROY CUMMINGS
TAMPA – We received a curious tip from someone earlier today suggesting that the Bucs were finalizing a contract for TE Jerramy Stevens.
We’ve checked that tip out with someone who would know whether a deal was near and apparently the tipster was wrong.
The Bucs may still be contemplating signing Stevens, but a deal bringing him back to the Bucs doesn’t appear to be as close as some are suggesting.
That doesn’t mean the Bucs don’t have an interest in re-signing Stevens. Despite the addition of TE Kellen Winslow they very well may.
And it could be that a deal gets done soon. From what we’re hearing, though, this one doesn’t seem imminent.