Most Recent Entries
- Boys Basket: FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
Deal For Stevens Not Close
Posted Mar 4, 2009 by Roy Cummings
Updated Mar 4, 2009 at 12:56 PM
By ROY CUMMINGS
TAMPA – We received a curious tip from someone earlier today suggesting that the Bucs were finalizing a contract for TE Jerramy Stevens.
We’ve checked that tip out with someone who would know whether a deal was near and apparently the tipster was wrong.
The Bucs may still be contemplating signing Stevens, but a deal bringing him back to the Bucs doesn’t appear to be as close as some are suggesting.
That doesn’t mean the Bucs don’t have an interest in re-signing Stevens. Despite the addition of TE Kellen Winslow they very well may.
And it could be that a deal gets done soon. From what we’re hearing, though, this one doesn’t seem imminent.