Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
Davis, Niemann Draw Starts
Posted Feb 22, 2009 by Joey Johnston
Updated Feb 22, 2009 at 03:50 PM
PORT CHARLOTTE—The Rays just announced Wade Davis will start Thursday afternoon’s exhibition game against the Yankees at Steinbrenner Field. Meanwhile, Jeff Niemann will start Friday’s home exhibition against the Red Sox, and he’ll be opposed by Michael Bowden.
Carlos Hernandez will start Wednesday’s exhibition opener against the Cincinnati Reds at Charlotte County Stadium. Other pitchers scheduled to work in the opener are Jason Hammel, Randy Choate, Lance Cormier, J.P. Howell, Neal Frontz and Mitch Talbot.