Most Recent Entries
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson picks up 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
Davis, College of Central Florida win NJCAA basketball title
Posted Mar 25, 2013 by Nick Williams
Updated Mar 25, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Former Sickles High guard Jordan Davis helped the College of Central Florida men’s basketball team capture the NJCAA Division I men’s basketball national championship on Friday.
Davis, a starter on the team, finished the game with four points, four rebounds and three assists.
As a senior, Davis led Sickles to the Class 5A state championship game and later signed with Monmouth University.
In other basketball news, Sickles senior Malcolm Johnson, who has committed to Navy, was named MVP of the Elite Showcase Basketball Classic All-Star game in Washington D.C. on Sunday. Johnson led the North All-Stars against the South, 89-87.