Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson picks up 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
Dan Johnson’s Injury History
Posted Apr 22, 2008 by Aaron Knox
Updated Apr 22, 2008 at 08:44 PM
I was going to go through the long list of Dan Johnson’s recent injuries, some of which are indeed bizarre (a massive sinus infection turned into a bone infection that hospitalized him for two weeks before spring training). But the San Francisco Chronicle did an admirable job of laying it all out there this past spring.
Suffice to say, this guy has overcome quite a bit just to get back on the field. It’s not to Rocco Baldelli’s level of injury frustration, by any means, but it’s pretty daunting.