Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Dan Johnson’s Injury History
Posted Apr 22, 2008 by Aaron Knox
Updated Apr 22, 2008 at 08:44 PM
I was going to go through the long list of Dan Johnson’s recent injuries, some of which are indeed bizarre (a massive sinus infection turned into a bone infection that hospitalized him for two weeks before spring training). But the San Francisco Chronicle did an admirable job of laying it all out there this past spring.
Suffice to say, this guy has overcome quite a bit just to get back on the field. It’s not to Rocco Baldelli’s level of injury frustration, by any means, but it’s pretty daunting.