Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
Dan Johnson’s Injury History
Posted Apr 22, 2008 by Aaron Knox
Updated Apr 22, 2008 at 08:44 PM
I was going to go through the long list of Dan Johnson’s recent injuries, some of which are indeed bizarre (a massive sinus infection turned into a bone infection that hospitalized him for two weeks before spring training). But the San Francisco Chronicle did an admirable job of laying it all out there this past spring.
Suffice to say, this guy has overcome quite a bit just to get back on the field. It’s not to Rocco Baldelli’s level of injury frustration, by any means, but it’s pretty daunting.