Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
Damon and Uncorked for a Cause to help families of fallen St. Pete police officers
Posted Mar 29, 2011 by Roger Mooney
Updated Mar 29, 2011 at 02:36 PM
Johnny Damon and his wife Michelle have teamed with Uncork for a Cause to help the families of Thomas Baitinger, Jeffrey Yaslowitz and David Crawford, the three St. Petersburg Police officers killed this year in the line of duty.
Damon and Uncorked for a Cause will release of a very limited 2007 Johnny Damon red wine from Napa Valley, Calif. Johnny Damon wine is dedicated to the men and women of the St. Petersburg Police Department who have given their lives protecting those they service.
A charity event will be held at 6:30 p.m. May 15 at the Vinoy Renaissance Resort & Golf Club. There will be food, a silent auction and Johnny Damon wine, which will be offered for sale and the price includes a personalized autograph. Autographed bottles can be purchased online for those who can’t attend.
Admission is $75. Advanced tickets are required and limited. For event tickets, details, and wine orders, visit UncorkforaCause.com. Proceeds from the evening and sale of Johnny’s wine benefit the families of these fallen officers through the Sun Coast Police Benevolent Association.