Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Daily Matt Moore update
Posted Mar 1, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Mar 1, 2012 at 10:03 AM
PORT CHARLOTTE Rookie Matt Moore said he will play catch today at 100 feet, an increase over yesterday when he threw at 75 feet.
Moore said his mid lower abdominal, which he strained last Friday, felt fine this morning.
He is not sure when he will throw another bullpen, which will be the big step toward pitching in a game. He also said he’s not worried.
“We got four (actually five) weeks of camp left,” he said. “We got plenty of time.”