Most Recent Entries
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
Current Baseball America prospect list boasts five locals
Posted May 17, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated May 17, 2013 at 05:47 PM
With the Major League Baseball First-Year Player Draft just three weeks away on Thursday, June 6th Baseball America has announced its most recent rankings of amateur players on May 17th. Four local prep players rank in the list’s Top 250.
Leading the way is Gaither shortstop Oscar Mercado (No. 38), a Florida State commit, who finished the season with a .286 average, 17 runs scored and 14 RBI. Wharton shortstop Tucker Neuhaus (No.84), a Louisville commit, struggled with injuries this season but his productive junior season included a .329 average, 23 runs scored and six home runs. Durant Pitcher Tyler Danish (No. 96), a Florida signee has dazzled this season yet to allow an earned run on the season including a shutout performance in Friday’s Class 8A state semifinal, 6-0 win over Hialeah American. Fellow Gator commit, King pitcher Brett Morales (No. 117) has had an equally impressive season including a region final win over Mitchell, where the senior struck out 17. Morales will take the mound next Wednesday as the Lions take on Lynn Haven Mosely in the Class 6A state semifinal.
Also making Baseball America’s list is former Jesuit standout and current University of Florida pitcher Daniel Gibson ranking as the lists 100th overall prospect. Gibson has posted a 3.62 ERA this season for the Gators in 28 relief appearances.