Most Recent Entries
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
- Boys Basketball: Jean, Ingram make 7A All-State Team
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Aaron auto is mystery redemption card No. 1 for 2014 Topps Tribute
- Bishop McLaughlin names assistant Craig Moore as its head football coach
Current Baseball America prospect list boasts five locals
Posted May 17, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated May 17, 2013 at 05:47 PM
With the Major League Baseball First-Year Player Draft just three weeks away on Thursday, June 6th Baseball America has announced its most recent rankings of amateur players on May 17th. Four local prep players rank in the list’s Top 250.
Leading the way is Gaither shortstop Oscar Mercado (No. 38), a Florida State commit, who finished the season with a .286 average, 17 runs scored and 14 RBI. Wharton shortstop Tucker Neuhaus (No.84), a Louisville commit, struggled with injuries this season but his productive junior season included a .329 average, 23 runs scored and six home runs. Durant Pitcher Tyler Danish (No. 96), a Florida signee has dazzled this season yet to allow an earned run on the season including a shutout performance in Friday’s Class 8A state semifinal, 6-0 win over Hialeah American. Fellow Gator commit, King pitcher Brett Morales (No. 117) has had an equally impressive season including a region final win over Mitchell, where the senior struck out 17. Morales will take the mound next Wednesday as the Lions take on Lynn Haven Mosely in the Class 6A state semifinal.
Also making Baseball America’s list is former Jesuit standout and current University of Florida pitcher Daniel Gibson ranking as the lists 100th overall prospect. Gibson has posted a 3.62 ERA this season for the Gators in 28 relief appearances.