Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson picks up 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
Cross your fingers, boys and girls
Posted Sep 12, 2008 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Sep 12, 2008 at 04:15 PM
NEW YORK—Well, the tarp is on the field here at Yankee Stadium and we’ve been under a light but steady rain for a while now.
The forecast doesn’t look real good and neither does the radar. If they end up calling it, I imagine we’d be looking at a split doubleheader tomorrow. Everything’s sold out for the final 10 games at the stadium (you’ve heard, haven’t you?) and no one wants to come back and play on the 29th or something silly like that.
I usually end up wrong when I worry about a rainout, but stay tuned.
In other news, Joel Guzman has cleared waivers and accepted an outright assignment to Durham.
And finally, in case you haven’t heard, Elijah Dukes finally had a Moment for the Nats the other night. The eminent Thomas Boswell discusses.
UPDATING with lineups:
A. Rodriguez 3B