Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
Cross your fingers, boys and girls
Posted Sep 12, 2008 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Sep 12, 2008 at 04:15 PM
NEW YORK—Well, the tarp is on the field here at Yankee Stadium and we’ve been under a light but steady rain for a while now.
The forecast doesn’t look real good and neither does the radar. If they end up calling it, I imagine we’d be looking at a split doubleheader tomorrow. Everything’s sold out for the final 10 games at the stadium (you’ve heard, haven’t you?) and no one wants to come back and play on the 29th or something silly like that.
I usually end up wrong when I worry about a rainout, but stay tuned.
In other news, Joel Guzman has cleared waivers and accepted an outright assignment to Durham.
And finally, in case you haven’t heard, Elijah Dukes finally had a Moment for the Nats the other night. The eminent Thomas Boswell discusses.
UPDATING with lineups:
A. Rodriguez 3B