Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Crawford shares Player of the Week honors
Posted Aug 6, 2007 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Aug 6, 2007 at 03:16 PM
DETROIT—Carl Crawford was named the co-AL player of the week today along with the Yankees’ Robinson Cano. Crawford hit .591 (13-for-22) last week with three homers, six RBIs and eight runs. He had a hit in all six games the Rays played.
Crawford also won the award for his work May 22-28, 2006, and the latest honor makes him the first Ray to be so recognized more than once. He’s also the second Rays player this year to be honored, after B.J. Upton July 16-22.