Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Crawford shares Player of the Week honors
Posted Aug 6, 2007 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Aug 6, 2007 at 03:16 PM
DETROIT—Carl Crawford was named the co-AL player of the week today along with the Yankees’ Robinson Cano. Crawford hit .591 (13-for-22) last week with three homers, six RBIs and eight runs. He had a hit in all six games the Rays played.
Crawford also won the award for his work May 22-28, 2006, and the latest honor makes him the first Ray to be so recognized more than once. He’s also the second Rays player this year to be honored, after B.J. Upton July 16-22.