Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
Crawford open to long-term deal
Posted Sep 30, 2009 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Sep 30, 2009 at 04:36 PM
The Rays almost certainly will pick up Carl Crawford’s 2010 option following the season, but the outfielder would be open to extending his relationship with the team beyond next year.
Crawford said today that he would be open to a long-term deal with the Rays this winter and said he “would like to be a part of” the Rays’ future.
He noted that that wasn’t the case before last season, but he has confidence that the organization remains headed in the right direction and won’t regress to its old ways.
“I hope we can get something done,” he said.