Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
College football scholarship offerings
Posted Jun 1, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Jun 3, 2012 at 10:14 AM
This week’s college football scholarship offerings, as reported by the coaching staffs at each school:
Chamberlain: Chamberlain Defensive back/wide receiver Ronnie Scott (5-10, 165) received his 1st scholarship offer this week, from FAMU. Defensive back/wide receiver Jermaine Gilyard (5-10, 185) has added FAMU and UMass to his list of offers. Also, running back Xavier Johnson (5-9, 180), who rushed 1,736 yarda last season, added FAMU to his list. He now has six offers.
Freedom: Running back/defensive back Nate Godwin (5-11, 185) is now up to nine offers. Those include Western Michigan, Ohio, Buffalo, Middle Tennessee State, Western Kentucky, Iowa State, Bowling Green, Ball State and Arkasas State. Teammate Isaac Tanner (6-0, 205), a tight end/linebacker, landed his first offer, from Ohio University.
Gaither: Defensive end Ernest Suttles (6-4, 210) has picked up offers from Indiana, Memphis, Iowa State and Ohio. Athlete Shug Oyegunle (5-11, 175) has landed offers from Ball State, Western Michigan, Lehigh and Furman.
Hillsborough: :Junior outside linebacker Nigel Harris (6-1, 200) picked up two more scholarship offers this week, from Arizona and Florida Atlantic. Harris, who also plays receiver, running back and punter, now has nine offers, including Vanderbilt and South Florida.
Leto:Falcons running back Andre Simpson (5-11, 193) landed his second offer today, from Ball State. He also has Tennessee State. Simpson rushed for 801 yards and 5 TDs as junior.
Plant: Defensive end/linebacker Mitchell Wright (6-3.5, 210) has been offered by Boston College, the alma mater of Panthers coach Robert Weiner. In his eight years at Plant, Weiner says he’s never sent a player to BC, aka “The Heights.”
Robinson: Tennessee State has made an offer to offensive lineman/defensive lineman Bruce Hector (6-2, 270).
Sickles: : Safety Adekunle Olusanya (5-10, 200) received his third and fourth scholarship offers this week, from Kent State and Bowling Green. He also has Ball State and Western Michigan. Wide receiver Bilal Salat (6-3, 170) has been offered by Liberty, his third offer. He also has Tennessee State and Ball State
Tampa Bay Tech: Running back/slot receiver JT Thompkins (5-9, 180) received his first offer, from Bethune Cookman University. Defensive lineman Antonio Guerad (6-4, 230) landed two more offersr, from the University of Massachusetts and, in his SEC debut, Kentucky. Guerad’s stock is definitely rocketing in recent weeks with a total of 10 offers. His other biggie is Cincinnati.