Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
College football scholarship offerings
Posted Jun 1, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Jun 3, 2012 at 10:14 AM
This week’s college football scholarship offerings, as reported by the coaching staffs at each school:
Chamberlain: Chamberlain Defensive back/wide receiver Ronnie Scott (5-10, 165) received his 1st scholarship offer this week, from FAMU. Defensive back/wide receiver Jermaine Gilyard (5-10, 185) has added FAMU and UMass to his list of offers. Also, running back Xavier Johnson (5-9, 180), who rushed 1,736 yarda last season, added FAMU to his list. He now has six offers.
Freedom: Running back/defensive back Nate Godwin (5-11, 185) is now up to nine offers. Those include Western Michigan, Ohio, Buffalo, Middle Tennessee State, Western Kentucky, Iowa State, Bowling Green, Ball State and Arkasas State. Teammate Isaac Tanner (6-0, 205), a tight end/linebacker, landed his first offer, from Ohio University.
Gaither: Defensive end Ernest Suttles (6-4, 210) has picked up offers from Indiana, Memphis, Iowa State and Ohio. Athlete Shug Oyegunle (5-11, 175) has landed offers from Ball State, Western Michigan, Lehigh and Furman.
Hillsborough: :Junior outside linebacker Nigel Harris (6-1, 200) picked up two more scholarship offers this week, from Arizona and Florida Atlantic. Harris, who also plays receiver, running back and punter, now has nine offers, including Vanderbilt and South Florida.
Leto:Falcons running back Andre Simpson (5-11, 193) landed his second offer today, from Ball State. He also has Tennessee State. Simpson rushed for 801 yards and 5 TDs as junior.
Plant: Defensive end/linebacker Mitchell Wright (6-3.5, 210) has been offered by Boston College, the alma mater of Panthers coach Robert Weiner. In his eight years at Plant, Weiner says he’s never sent a player to BC, aka “The Heights.”
Robinson: Tennessee State has made an offer to offensive lineman/defensive lineman Bruce Hector (6-2, 270).
Sickles: : Safety Adekunle Olusanya (5-10, 200) received his third and fourth scholarship offers this week, from Kent State and Bowling Green. He also has Ball State and Western Michigan. Wide receiver Bilal Salat (6-3, 170) has been offered by Liberty, his third offer. He also has Tennessee State and Ball State
Tampa Bay Tech: Running back/slot receiver JT Thompkins (5-9, 180) received his first offer, from Bethune Cookman University. Defensive lineman Antonio Guerad (6-4, 230) landed two more offersr, from the University of Massachusetts and, in his SEC debut, Kentucky. Guerad’s stock is definitely rocketing in recent weeks with a total of 10 offers. His other biggie is Cincinnati.