Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yankees: Moore looks for 9th, Hernandez staying put, Price update
- Rays v Yankees: Rodney remains the closer, Jennings off, Joyce back
- Gausman is Bowman’s No. 3 redemption card
- Topps previews baseball Update series
- Panini’s Prime Hockey will have extra treat
- Rays juggle rotation to get Cobb a start this weekend against Yankees
- Beckett opens weekly Wednesday chat room on Facebook page
- Rays @ Jays: Joyce update, Longo DH, Molina returns
- NFL Network report on Revis is revealing
- In The Game acquires Sport Kings LP
- Pasco WR Nate Craig (2016) up to 15 Division I offers
- Tampa Bay softball players honored by FACA
- Western Conference Baseball Teams
- Pasco baseball players Blaine Duncan, Matt Plourde headed to Barry, Daytona State respectively
- Maddon changes stance on Escobar’s home run guesture
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
Clarification on goalie situation
Posted Feb 2, 2009 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Feb 2, 2009 at 06:49 PM
Sorry for the confusion earlier gang, put in something, tried to update it and forgot to change some things I had already written. It happens when you strive for immediacy sometimes, especially on a travel day.
The team did not reveal until well after practice today that Mike Smith was injured and is day-to-day with an upper-body injury. I tried to cram that information into the previous post.
Smith did not travel with the team today as he went to seek either some medical testing or a therapy of some type, according to general manager Brian Lawton, who did not rule out Smith joining the team in New York before tomorrow’s game and Rick Tocchet has not ruled anything out at this point.
Mike McKenna is with the team and he will suit up against the Islanders, whether he plays or not is up in the air. The official announcement on his signing is expected on Tuesday. Karri Ramo is expected to be here and if Smith is unable to play, he’ll suit up as well.
Lawton said the team has spoken to the league in regards to Ramo being with the team and possibly playing. While ther is no set rule against an AHL suspension being honored by the NHL, they generally abide by the suspensions. But because of the injury situation, Ramo is allowed to suit up, just as he did last Tuesday against against Montreal.
Sorry for any confusion, but there are a lot of shuffling parts going on here today.